- Anatomy and Physiology Distance Courses
- Practical Nursing Program Recruitment
- Tuition and Fees
- Goals and objectives
- Mission statement and philosophy
- Admission Requirements – Practical Nursing
- Application process
- PLAR/Credit Transfer
- Registration Information – Practical Nursing
- Funding Opportunities
- Guidance and counselling
- Regulatory Body – LPN
The number of students admitted to the Practical Nursing Program is determined annually by the provincial human resource needs for Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs). The application and selection process is competitive.
Applications to the program at the Centre for Nursing Studies (CNS) are reviewed for admission once all documentation has been received. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Please download and complete the PN Application Guide 2023-2024 (PDF) before submitting your documentation.
- Application form
- Application processing fee
- Personal statement
- A copy of your official birth certificate
- An official high school transcript from the Department of Education or equivalency certificate (If still in high school submit most recent grades including grade 11).
- An official post-secondary transcript(s) of all post-secondary courses/programs
- Two references (Please forward references directly to the Practical Nursing Admissions – Registrar, Catherine Rice, either by mail, fax, or email)
- If applying as an Indigenous applicant, please submit a letter of request with your application and provide documentation of Indigenous ancestry.
Please note: Photocopies or photographs of transcripts will not be accepted
If you are an Iinternational applicant but have a permanent residency card or Canadian citizenship, please provide documents.
Personal Statement Guidelines
Applicant must complete a personal statement by answering the questions outlined on the Personal Statement Form.
Please remove the two applicant reference forms from your application package and give to your referees. Referees should forward the references directly to Catherine Rice, Registrar, Non-Degree Programs.
Your references should be provided by individuals that you have had a professional relationship with, such as previous or current employers and/or teachers or professors. If you have been involved in a significant capacity with a volunteer organization, a formal representative from that organization may also be an appropriate reference. It is recommended that you do not obtain references from friends, co-workers, or your health-care provider.
Application deadline has been extended to March 31, 2023, for all documentation.
Payments can be made online at payments.easternhealth.ca/Default or by electronic fund transfer (EFT), by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All correspondence regarding your application will be provided through the email address you list on the application.
Registrar, Non-Degree Programs
Centre for Nursing Studies
Office 1007, Southcott Hall
100 Forest Road
St. John’s, NL A1A 1E5